Introduction to Endurance

 

What is Endurance?


Endurance is a story that revolves around the dimension Enn-Durance and it's many planets. It is about an Element Weaver who is sent by his parents, who specializes in Planetary Study (a study ranging anywhere from the inhabitants culture, to the planet's ecosystem), to go to various planets and take notes until his parents decides he should come back home. However there is many obstacles that makes his journey more and more difficult.


Important things to be aware of--


Religion:

While tons of species hold their own beliefs, religious or not, none of the religions will be proven right or wrong, despite some having more proof than others.


The Land of Odd:

Enn-Durance has various connections to other dimensions, the most recognizable being The Land of Odd, which is very important for the main plot, so to know more about The Land of Odd, a post has been provided-- The Land Of Odd


Story base:

While there is a plot, and will probably be some comic pages, the story revolves highly around world building and character design, a story where I can express my ideas freely. So there will not be any long term books or comics, and is just a story that I have for my own creative process.


"The crew":

The crew is just a short term I use for the main characters (of the Crew Plotline), those being Lex, Pixie, Barry, Arinnetta, and Flicker.


The Timeline:

I made the Endurance story to be able to make characters freely without worrying about making “too many,” and to be able to world build to my hearts content (my ongoing passion project made those two things difficult). I had originally planned for there to be NO main plot whatsoever, however I am both an artist and a story writer at heart, and my brain just put together a plot without my consent (I’m sure you story writers understand what I mean). This started what I now call the “Crew Plotline,” which follows the Crew (the characters mentioned above), as they explore a variety of planets and meet new characters. This Plotline is considered the main Endurance story because it kind of kicks things off for many of the characters, the beginning of the Crew Plotline is considered the “start” of the story, and anything before it is considered “the past,” in the same way how anything after it is considered “the future.” As I continued to think of stuff for Endurance, more stories began spawning, many branching off of the Crew Plotline, I simply could not stop it, in a way this was what I made the story for, as it still gave me the ability to create more and more characters as things branch off. I created a simple timeline to be able to keep things organized, and there is now currently these main stories:

Endurance- The Crew Plotline

Endurance- Anita’s Plotline

Endurance- Risks and Rules

(^This one’s kind of more of a Wip than the others)

Endurance- The Time-Jump Plotline 

(^Aka “6 yr later Timeline” or “Future Timeline”)

A lot of characters reside in each story, but as I said the Crew Plotline was a sort of starting point, Risks and Rules is not only the only plotline with an actual story name, but is also the only one where none of the characters are seen in any of the other stories (there may be cameos, and characters *may* cross paths in the Time-Jump Plotline depending on what I decide, but it doesn’t have any direct connections to the previous two stories, the only connection being a nod to Project Blackout). 

I also feel it important to mention that the Time-Jump Plotline is probably the most open-ended plotline as not only does Anita’s Plotline merge into the same spot on the timeline, but it houses two different “pov’s” and very much has the potential to branch out into more, those currently being Flicker/Asper’s pov, and Lex/Inka’s pov. Compared to the Crew Plotline, Anita’s Plotline, and Risks and Rules which all only has one “pov” with one set of “Main characters.” This is due to the fact that it was created to be a time jump (as its name states) where it shows what has happened to the Crew since the end of the Crew Plotline.

With all that said, I have a drawn version of the timeline (it’s not finished and probably never will be, as is the nature of Endurance) in my Digital Art Gallery if you want to check it out. 

*Link to the Digital Art Galley*




In hopes of clearing any confusion, I have provided a QnA :)

(*Any questions asked on any posts will be submitted and answered here)

QnA:


Q: Do we know any characters from Risks and Rules? (Is Risk a part of it by any chance?)

(Question submitted by Eevee)

A: Yes, Risk is a part of it (what gave that away? Lol) and is also the only character from Risks and Rules (RnR) who is drawn out. All other known characters have yet to be drawn, in either concept art or illustrations. I have yet to decide on whether any cameos from the Crew Plotline gets brought into RnR, meaning for the most part every character in RnR are very separate from the other stories in Endurance. However there is a chance for RnR characters to get cameos in stories after RnR (Anita’s plot and Time Jump plot). However, that too has not been decided.









Comments

  1. Not sure if this is a question I can ask, but do we know any characters from Risks and Rules? (Is Risk a part of it by any chance? lol)
    -Eevee

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts